September 22, 2009

Diablo Cody's Sweet Valley High (2010-2011)


Diablo Cody is returning to the world of highschool teens with a film adaptation of the long standing series Sweet Valley High. The books were turned into a television series that ran from 94-98. During the 90s I did enjoy highschool based TV which included 90210, Sweet Valley High and Breaker High. So there is a market out there for John Huges type films. I have to admit I loved both Juno and Jennifer's Body, so I can't wait for more films written by Cody. A lot of people loath her writing style and intense use of slang, but I think it's an honest view of teen life. My only issue is that the books featured a pair of blonde twins, which could be a casting nightmare. I don't know if they'll be able to find twins with enough acting and status to sell the film. Although I'm sure they could go the Parent Trap route and have one actress play both roles.

Casting Thoughts



Amber Heard (The Ward, Pineapple Express) or Hayden Panettiere (Heroes)

No comments:

Post a Comment