January 19, 2010

Films That Should Be Made: Wes Anderson's The Adventures of Mr. Toad


While everyone knows that a Fantastic Mr. Fox sequel is very unlikely that doesn't mean Anderson's stop motion style couldn't be used for other characters. I wouldn't be surprised if he went and made Wind In The Willows/Mr. Toad film. I grew up on the stop-motion Wind In The Willows television show which I believe influenced Mr. Fox.


The unique style and creativity behind Mr. Fox should be applied to more stories. Mr. Toad is a very popular British character and is very mischievous. Unlike Mr. Fox he's young and even wilder, getting into trouble with every adventure. There are lots of options for stories and could even end up with an original modernistic take. I could see him as a bumbling version of Tintin or Indiana Jones.


My choice for Mr. Toad would be the incorrigible Ricky Gervais.

No comments:

Post a Comment