January 18, 2010

REVIEW: The Book of Eli


For a post-apocalypse action film The Book of Eli was very entertaining. I would recommend it for fans of science fiction and action films. I couldn't take it seriously at times but it's not the kind of movie you should. Since I previously watched The Road it made me point out many things that would conflict with a realistic 30 year apocalypse shown in Eli. So to get over these plot issues I felt it better to compare this film to something like Mad Max 2. While Mila Kunis didn't give a horrible performance she felt out of place in the cast and the role. The "twist" ending was brilliant but the final scenes were cliche. I'm thinking of re-watching this on DVD since the action scenes were very impressive but went by too quickly.

B-

No comments:

Post a Comment