March 21, 2010

Louis Leterrier On Shortlist To Direct Avengers


Director Louis Leterrier recently spoke to Ain't It Cool News confirming he is in fact in the running to helm The Avengers. While he is beyond enthusiastic for Marvel properties he does point out he's on the bottom of the shortlist. He didn't reveal who was on the top of the list. It could be safe to assume directors like Kenneth Branagh (Thor), Joe Johnston (Cap) and Edgar Wright (Ant-Man) could be also in the running since Jon Favreau (Iron Man 2) dropped out. There could also be directors like Matthew Vaughn or Ridley Scott on the list as well. Depending on who they eventually hire that person will most likely be committed to directing three of these films. I would assume neither Kenneth or Joe would be options since they could be signed on to do sequels for their own franchises.

"I am on the shortlist, but I'm at the bottom of the shortlist, I'm sure. (Laughs) I don't know who the other guys are, but I have a great relationship with [Marvel], and I've been very vocal to them and everyone else that I am the one to direct it. I loved my time at Marvel. I loved those guys. They're fantastic. Kevin is such a passionate boss; he gets his hands dirty. It's a universe I want to keep exploring. I was frustrated with [THE INCREDIBLE HULK]. It was like, "That's it? Only one superhero? Can I do more???" We'll see. Time will tell."

No comments:

Post a Comment