March 27, 2010

Olivia Munn Gives Clue On Her Marvel Role


If there is one fun guessing game involved with the Iron Man franchise it's trying to figure out who Olivia Munn is playing in the second film. We just recently learned that Munn has redone her previous scenes as a new Marvel character. She revealed more clues in her interview with Complex.


Two of the many characters Munn has been linked include Melina Vostokoff (Iron Maiden) and the voice of War Machine's computer. Olivia calls out the Iron Maiden role as unlikely. I believe the vocal role isn't viable either since it isn't an established character in the Marvel universe. It also wouldn't allow her screen time which seems like a waste.

"Jon Favreau made that joke at Comic-Con when I was interviewing him because it’s just a cameo. If I was Iron Maiden, there’d be a big press release. I can’t say what I’m doing at all, because I signed away my life to Marvel if I say anything—but I think I’m allowed to say that everyone seemed to love my catering!"


While the recent rumor of Olivia playing Scarlet Witch seems likely. It makes sense to see her cameoing as SHIELD Anget Maria Hill who could be a great supporting character in future Marvel films. Wasp could be likely but I'm doubtful Marvel would allow casting for Ant-Man to start without the director's approval. Hill sounds like the best of the bunch which could mean the studio is closer to making the Nick Fury/SHIELD movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment