March 25, 2010

Possible Heroes & Villains of Iron Man 3


I clearly can't predict the third film's plot until I've actually seen Iron Man 2. So this rundown is just my personal speculation because I'm sure Marvel will setup the next movie within it.

HEROES


The Iron Legion was made up of War Machine and other people using Tony's old Iron Man suits. I believe Stark will eventually create the group because of the ability to fuel the suits with his new fusion batteries. Plus it's shown in the trailers he keeps them in his workshop which were going to be upgraded with the fusion technology.


The original members of the group included Jim Rhodes, Eddie March, Michael O'Brien, Bethany Cabe, Happy Hogan (Jon Favreau) and Clayton Wilson. I'm not sure Marvel will want to introduce new characters just to suit up. So I expect we could see Pepper Potts added to that lineup along with possible current/new S.H.I.E.L.D agents.


We've previously heard that Clint Barton also known as Hawkeye could be in future films. Mockingbird would also be a great addition who is another member of the avengers and love interest of Clint. I'm sure they could be recruited by Stark or Fury to join S.H.I.E.L.D/Iron Legion.


Another interesting aspect of the franchise is the constant evolution of the Iron Man technology. We've seen that the sequel will have at least two new upgrades to Tony's armor. The stealth armor could bee seen next which might be stolen to develop Ghost's suit. I'm sure Tony will want to cross international airspace without being detected by radar.

VILLAINS


The more I think about it, A.I.M could be a very good group for Stark and SHIELD to go up against. Combining Madame Masque, Dr. Monica Rappaccini and Iron Maiden into one villain similar to Whiplash's character mixing could be interesting. It would be nice to see a female villain introduced to the franchise. Some other villains could include Baron von Strucker and Modok.


Previously I considered that Kearson Dewitt (Ulitmo) or General Shatalov (Crimson Dynamo) could be the villains. Yet there are other villains donning armors in the A.I.M organization. They include Ghost who is an industrial saboteur and mercenary who possesses an incredible stealth suit that grants him invisibility, among other capabilities. Titanium Man could be another suit developed by A.I.M. I wouldn't be surprised to see them develop their own fleet of super strong man-driven armors then go out to destroy Stark Industries and S.H.I.E.L.D. My assumption is that Justin Hammer as soon as he got hold of the Stark technology he immediately sold it off to highest bidders which could end up being Hydra/A.I.M/Roxxon/Ten Rings.

CASTING THOUGHTS


Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye/Ronin


Cameron Diaz as Mockingbird


Carla Gugino as Madame Masque/Dr. Monica Rappaccini


Ralph Fiennes as Baron von Strucker/Modok

Stephen Lang as Kearson Dewitt/General Shatalov

*What do you think of these heroes/villains being introduced in Iron Man 3? Is there anyone else from the Marvel/Iron Man universe you'd like to see in the third film?

No comments:

Post a Comment