April 12, 2010

Clarke Duke Lobbies To Write Daredevil Reboot


Best known the comic relief of most of the films he's in. Clark Duke best known for Sex Drive and Hot Tub Time Machine spoke to FilmSchoolRejects during the Kick-Ass press interviews. The interview turned to the possibility of Duke writing the screenplay for the Daredevil reboot. Yes he is joking but still it's really the only interesting news involved with the reboot. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if Fox actually contacts him to be in involved in some way. They seem to be scrambling when it comes to their Daredevil and Fantastic Four reboots.

"First of all just tonally. I would completely… he’s a pulp hero, I think you address it, you have to have respect for the reality of it to some extent. And also I think you play with, the most interesting thing about him is he’s a lawyer who’s committing crime every night, he’s a catholic that dresses up like the devil, there’s all this thematic stuff that’s so fun to play with, that’s so awesome, I think [Ed] Brubaker’s run is my generations’ defining… I think they’re honestly better than the Frank Miller run. And somebody should make that into a film."

No comments:

Post a Comment