May 13, 2011

Jaimie Alexander & Olivia Wilde Talk Tomb Raider

It wasn't too long ago that it was announced that GK Films (Departed, The Town) has gained the rights to make a new Tomb Raider film. They just hired the duo of Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby best known for writing Iron Man and Cowboys & Aliens to pen the script. A great combination as both writers and GK Films are respected for delivering solid films. Speaking with MovieLine Thor's Jaimie Alexander who did an amazing job as Lady Sif wants a crack at Lara Croft.

"I've obviously been hearing about a Tomb Raider reboot, which I think would be pretty awesome — Lara Croft. Anything that's very physical. ... I would love to pursue Lara Croft."


"I'm not going to try and be Angelina Jolie. She's her own woman, and she did a fantastic job as Lara Croft. If that opportunity arises for me, then I would put my own spin on Lara Croft. There's no way I would try and copy what she did. I think that's a huge mistake with actors and actresses who are taking on a role that was previously done by someone else."


MTV recently got a brief comment from long rumored candidate Olivia Wilde (Tron Legacy,  Cowboys & Aliens) on her involvement.


"As far as I know right now, I'm not playing Lara Croft. No.....That would be so awesome. I love Lara Croft," she said. "That's really cool that people think I should play her. That's nice of them."

No comments:

Post a Comment