May 24, 2011

Matthew Vaughn Lobbies For Michael Fassbender To Play 007

During press junkets for X-Men First Class Collider was able to get writer/director Matthew Vaughn to talk about his thoughts on Bond. Considering the early Bond films influenced the 60's of First Class. He seems coy about directing a film but does have an idea of who should be the next 007.

“I sort of want the Brocollis (producers of the Bond films) to regret never hiring me. I was very keen to direct Bond. I don’t know if I am any more, to be blunt, now that I’ve done this. I really love Daniel [Craig], though you know, it might be interesting if they one day decide to cast Fassbender as Bond, then maybe I’ll go ‘Hey!’”

Vaughn was one of the first directors to introduce us to Daniel Craig in Layer Cake, where he actually does a Bond impression in a funny scene. I feel that Vaughn has an eye for talent and more than that leading men. He also brought us Aaron Johnson into the mainstream. It would be amazing if they hired Fassbender as the new Bond since he's not the first person you'd expect for the role. Yet everyone who has watched his films knows he can deliver the goods.

No comments:

Post a Comment