September 14, 2011

Johnny Jewel Reteaming With Nicolas Winding Refn For Logan's Run

Johnny Jewel isn't a household name yet but he's responsible for some interesting indie electro groups such as the Glass Candy, Chromatics and Desire. The latter provived tracks for Nicolas Winding Refn's Drive soundtrack. The Chromatics song Tick of The Clock being used for the film's trailers.

Movies.Com (via CinemaBlend) caught up with Jewel in which he revealed he is in talks with the writer/director to score his remake of Logan's Run which has Ryan Gosling attached as the lead. It's expected that after Only God Forgives is finished he'll start working on Logan's Run. Jewel made his own score for Drive that didn't get used instead Cliff Martinez's score was chosen. It's very well possible that the unused music was enough to convince Nicolas. Personally, I love Jewel's music and his score could be on the level of Daft Punk's Tron Legacy or Trent Reznor's haunting scores for Social Network and Dragon Tattoo.


"Nick talked to me a little bit about Logan’s Run...He mentioned it and was just trying to feel out if I was interested, and I was telling him about how on my 30th birthday, I had a party and I had a blinking stone in my hand, because I was super into that movie and obsessed with the idea of turning 30 or whatever." 






No comments:

Post a Comment