September 13, 2013

Channing Tatum Wants To Play An Authentic Gambit In Future X-MEN Films


You have to hand it to dancer turned actor Channing Tatum, he's had a massive career boost in the last two years. From taking a mature path in films like Haywire and Magic Mike. Along with reinventing himself as a comedian with roles in 21 Jump Street (with a sequel on the way) and This Is The End. Can we now add mutant superhero to that list? During press (via SlashFilm) for White House Down the actor mentioned a love for the X-Men character Gambit and his desire to play him in the future.

"I would like to play Gambit. Gambit’s my favorite. I’m from New Orleans, around that area. My dad’s from New Orleans, and I like to do a Cajun accent. I could do it for real. No knock on Taylor Kitsch, though, ’cause I actually like his Gambit, but I’ve always lived around Cajun people. [...] Gambit was always like the woman-loving, cigarette-smoking, drinking [guy]. He was the punk rock of all the superheroes. He’s a thief. He kind of rode the line."

While some might be hesitant to allow him a shot, I'd be happy if he landed the role. Considering the passion for the character and connection to Louisiana the actor has. Post-Days of Future Past we don't have an exact idea of where Fox wants to go with the mainstream X-Men team. Jeff Wadlow's X-Force could leave a door open for Gambit to appear but it's unlikely since that lineup might include canon members such as Cable, Deadpool, Warpath, Domino, Psylocke and others. That said, nothing would stop Fox from adding him to whatever happens next with the X-Men and First Class franchises.

No comments:

Post a Comment